Monday, January 11, 2010

December- Birthday, Christmas, and New Years!

I think if I blogged more than once a month then there would not be so much and it would not be so overwhelming. But here I go again! I'm learning to speak spanish so that I can talk with Juan's family since they speak very little english so I am going to write a little bit on my blogs in spanish so that his family can also read it and see what we are up to.
December 6 was Juan's birthday. Jade spent the weekend with us and we decorated while Juan slept in. The present was supposed to be a surprise but Jade couldn't wait, she told Juan early.
Este fue el regalo de cumpleaños de Juan y la decoracion de Jade y yo.
On December 9 we went to my little sister Hannah's dance recital. Esto es en el concierto de danza de mi hermana. These are my nephews Cayden, Kyler, and Caleb at our family Christmas party. I wish I took more pictures there! Mis sobrinos es nuestra familia fiesta de Navidad.
And finally its Christmas! We opened presents early on the evening of the 22nd when Jade was with us. (and I think once Juan saw that he had a present under the tree he couldn't wait any longer)
Jade patiently waiting to open her presents and talking to grandma on the phone. Jade espera de santa claus.

Jade opening presents at Grandma Berg's house. Thank you mom for reminding us to read to her! We didn't even have any kids books and I don't know why I never even thought about it.
Jade abriendo sus regalos en casa de la abuela.

And finally, opening her presents at home. She loved her spongebob pajamas and now she wears them every time she sleeps over! She had asked for a princess bike for christmas and when she opened it she called it a princess motorcycle. So Juan asked if we should take it back since santa got it wrong. Nope! She started riding it around the house and then the next day we took her outside and she rode it forever!!
Jade abriendo sus regalos en nuestra casa. Ella usa su pijama de bob esponja cada vez que pasa la noche con nosotros. Y ella le gusta mucha su motocicleta de princesa!


Juan and I opening our presents. This was our first christmas together and we enjoyed it very much. We picked out all of our decorations together, decorated the tree as a family, (Jade didn't even want to wait until after thanksgiving) and we spent lots of time together. I'm sad that it is all over but I guess our family has many more years together to look forward to.
Juan y yo apriendo nuestros regalos. Esta fue nuestra primera Navidad juntos y lo disfrutamos mucho.

Juan and Jade ready to go sledding! And Jade playing with a doll of mine. Juan y Jade listo para jugar en la nieve y Jade jugando con mi muñeca.

On New Years Eve we finally made it downtown to see the lights. It was so beautiful I wish we could have spent more time there, but it was too cold...
En la noche del nuevo año nos fuimos al centro a ver las luces de Navidad. Fue muy hermoso, pero hacía mucho frío.



And finally, a kiss for the new year! Un beso para el nuevo año!
On New Years Eve we went out dancing with our roomate. We all had a great time! Juan and I enjoyed sleeping in on New Years day. Juan has been working 7 days a week and I have been going to school 4 days a week and working the other three. We thought that a day off together was a perfect way to start out the new year.

1 comment:

  1. You seem so happy! So glad your first Christmas as a family was perfect! Good job on the Spanish too by the way :)

    ReplyDelete