Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I am so thankful for my mom and the way she raised me and taught me. I wouldn't be the person I am without her. I love you mom!
This holiday isn't mine to celebrate yet. (I only have the work of a mom every other weekend... but I still get to enjoy all the hugs and kisses and I love yous, just minus the title.) So of course I am working again today :( but its ok, I get to share mother's day with all my grandmas and grandpas!
On friday was the commencement from SLCC. I am officially a college graduate! Whooo!
But an Associates in gen ed doesn't really get me anywhere so in the fall I will be off to school again. I am taking 3 classes fall semester and then I can apply to nursing schools. 3 classes should be a breeze after this semester... 5 was just too much so I bombed chemistry. But I don't think it will really be that easy. Anatomy and Physiology will take a lot of time and then I will retake chemistry. Since it is my third time in anatomy hopefully it will come easy this time. Third times the charm! :)
I enjoy the labs most of all and thats where I really do well. Its the written part of the classes that I have a hard time. I just don't really like lectures... I have a hard time paying attention and then I justify a million reasons for not going to class.
But not this fall. I am going to do my best. I really want to go to nursing school. I really enjoy working in geriatrics and especially with the Alzheimers patients. So I need to get my grades up so I can get accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment